Hello, and welcome. I am Dr. Robert Avenson, clinical psychologist, professor, researcher, and National Director of Psychological Services for the Dr. Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease.
I specialize in the non-medication treatment of anxiety, panic and stress. If you are facing such challenges, I would like to help you overcome them as quickly and effectivley as possible.
Powerful Tools. I have developed powerful, proven tools that will help you:
- Comfortably manage stress and anxiety with less/no medication.
- Decrease chronic pain.
- Accelerate healing.
- Increase your functional capacity and your ability to enjoy life.
- Give you quicker, more effective results than you may think possible.
Who is Dr. Avenson?
Dr. Robert Avenson is a researcher, professor and clinical psychologist. He received his Ph.D. in psychology from The Wright Institue, Berkeley, California, in 1981. His resume includes the following:
- National Director of Psychological Services for the Dr. Dean Ornish Program For Reversing Heart Disease.
- Licensed psychologist with a private practice in Oakland and Marin County, California.
- Psychological Consultant to the Prostate Cancer Gene Expression Study currently being conducted by The Preventive Medicine Research Institute and The University of California San Francisco Medical School.
- Professor teaching the Advanced Clinical Seminar to doctoral psychology students at Aliant University, The California School of Professional Psychology.
- Former President of The Northern California Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Specialist in biofeedback, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and mind-body medicine.
Dr. Avenson has developed proven methods for integrating mind and body to bring about quicker and more effective results in helping people heal from mental, emotional and physical problems.